Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Forward (or rather LASTward)

Why, you may ask,  am I writing this Forward as a Backward  or as a LASTward (appearing last instead of first)  Well, the answer is quite simple.  I'm a blogging dummie.  When I first got started with this blog, I simply assumed that my Forward will appear first.  Then when I started loading my stories, lo and behold, the later posts appeared above the Forward.   Oh well so much for honest intentions.

About a year ago (sometime in early 2011) my good friend, Bill LeVallee, kept badgering me to email him a description of an experience I had on the set of Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte with Bette Davis back in 1964.   I finally got around to sharing this experience with Bill and he suggested that I post this on Facebook.

Back in November of 2011 Facebook began allowing unlimited post strings thus permitting me to use FB to test my personal anecdotes and life stories.  I began with this Bette Davis story.   After that posting and several more such anecdotes my FB friends, to my great and joyous surprise,  showed considerable interest in my posts.  Untold numbers of comments pleaded with me to write a book.  Well, not wanting to embarrass myself with a book that would probably place at the bottom of the New York Times Best Seller list (if it ever got that far), I chose instead to do this blog.  

One thing that can be said for a blog is "if no one reads it, WHO CARES?"  I guess I can live with that reality.


I had also thought about who I'd get to write this forward.  After all most writers choose someone prominent among their circle of friends and associates  to write their forward.  Well I gave considerable thought to this idea and came to realize I'd likely be met with multiple "Why not me?" inquiries.  I love my friends and I don't want to hurt any feelings.  So this Forward is my own. 

But gang, you're all welcome to write the epilog after my eulogy is read.  And certainly you are always welcome to comment on any of the stories.  A comment box appears just beneath each one.

OK, I hope I haven't exhausted you with this rambling forward.  If so, then, please let me know.  Otherwise, I do hope you enjoy Mustard Sandwiches.

PS:  A little further along in this blog I will explain "Mustard Sandwiches".



2 comments:

  1. Jerry, I'm so happy that you are sharing these stories! These are great, and I am really enjoying reading about my most famous cousin's experiences! :)

    Tracy Adams Doiron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, thanks for that very nice June 7 comment. Sorry I am so late. I am still learning about blogging.

      Delete