Monday, July 23, 2012

QUANTUM APOCALYPSE




This excerpt from Youtube:




The world is about to be destroyed by an errant comet and I, as director of NASA’s fictional “look alike” agency USSA, must decide on how  to prevent this catastrophic collision. In this clip from SyFy’s QUANTUM APOCALYPSE I am agreeing, with great reluctance, to entertain some ideas from 2 hippie scientists. I have grave misgivings about the value of their judgments, but out of courtesy to my senior deputy I have agreed to interview them.

The female hippie “genius” in this clip is Gigi Edgley.   If you’re a SyFy channel fan, then you will remember her from the Farscape series. She’s a remarkable actress. The guy is Collin Galyean, a local who turned in a very polished performance as Tom, the other half of the hippie genius pair. Amol Shah, also an accomplished actor, was my deputy director.

QUANTUM APOCALYPSE holds the rare distinction of having an IMDB rating below 3 (out of a max of 10).   Well, maybe not so rare…. according to the IMDB there are over 14,000 titles that fared worse. Among these, surprisingly, are several SNLs and Desperate Housewives.   Oh well, at least QUANTUM APOCALYPSE was enjoyed in Brazil and Korea and, I think, has gone to DVD.   If anyone has seen it anywhere else on earth, please let me know. I’ll be able to expect another foreign airing residual payment.  
Hurrah!!







1 comment:

  1. http://movieclips.com/5Zkt-quantum-apocalypse-movie-2-pencils-energy-drinks-and-cigarettes/

    ReplyDelete